Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

I can't believe our very much anticipated 3day weekend is OvEr...but I can say we've made the best of it.
On Friday night Sam and Ale came over for movie night and dessert. After we watched an action movie "U-571", we decided we needed to watch a chick flick as well, so we ended up staying up very late watching "Life or Something Like It". What can I say, we like movies!
Saturday morning, Kylie and I had some mother/daughter bonding time. We went shopping for some clothes for Kylie and some other fun stuff (NO GROCERIES ON OUR LIST!) Saturday night we went to Benji and Abby's for dinner.
Also on Saturday i cleaned up my front door and did a little decorating. I hardly ever use my front door (we use the back or garage door), so I failed to notice that a family of spiders made its home outside my front door. QUitE the welcome for people that come to visit us- scare the life out of them...Anyways, I cleaned it up, wiped the windows, rearranged the decorations I already had. Kylie and I bought a bouquet of fresh orange/gold Victorias (Kylie picked them, good taste darling) and I repoted them into an antique tin box that was once a gift from Nicole (my sister-n-law).
My front door ready to welcome visitors!
On Sunday we went to church and after nap time we headed over to Jumping Jane's to celebrate our friends' daughter's 2nd birthday. Happy Birthday Emma! It was loads of fun!

Staff T-shirts...LOL

On Monday we went to the Madison Zoo for the day. It was a last minute plan so not very many of our friends were able to come, BUT some came and we had a great time!
Me and my sweet peas!
Sam and Ale-- sweet friends!
We made it to Madison just on time for lunch and had a picnic at a park near the Zoo.
My favorite from this Zoo...

After a tiring day at the Zoo, we enjoyed a very YUMMMYYYY dinner at HuHot-Mongolian Grill. Yes, it's true what you see with your own eyes, my kiddies are eating with chopsticks! It was delicious!



We had a wonderful weekend and it seems like it has flown by in the blink of an eye. I am trying really hard not to be too emotional about Kylie starting Preschool tomorrow so I think my way of not being a wreck was to keep busy. I will post pictures of Kylie's 1st day of school soon!


No comments: