Saturday, September 24, 2011

"The best SALSA you'll ever have" recipe

This is my mother- in-law's salsa recipe. I have been making it for years, and it is a favorite for my family and friends.




If you have these laying around...
You might as well make some SaLsA!

Wash the tomatoes, cut them in half...
Chop them. I use my Pamper Chef chopper but any chopper will do.
Next, I add green peppers.
Cilantro-- take it off the stem, wash it, dry it well...
...cut it...
...and add it to the tomatoes and pepper mixture.
Next up, it's the avocados! I love avocados!









Cut them in half.... Take the seed out
...and cut them in cubes.

This is when I add the salt to the salsa because it helps keep the avocados from browning quickly. You may add more salt at the end, to fit your taste.









When you're done cutting the avocados, you can mix in the onions. Chop them up!

The last ingredient I add are the hot peppers.
I mix it all in my dutch oven because it's nice and big. but any big bowl will do.



When I am all done mixing it, I put the salsa in containers.


When I give some to friends, I give them a couple of hot peppers in case they want to make it hotter.
ENJOY!

No comments: