Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Santa

"Just thought I would pass on an interesting conversation Kylie and I had today. I was up on a ladder taking Christmas lights off our roof and the kids were outside "helping." Kylie noticed there was no chimney on the roof and asked where it was. I told her we did not have one on our house because we don't have a fireplace. She said:"Oh, is that why we go to Grandma's house for Christmas, so Santa can get it?" I told her that wasn't the only reason and that Santa had other ways to get in, like the door. She thought that would be way too loud though and it would wake people up. You could just see the wheels spinning in her head, her thoughts shifted back to the fireplace. I told her that chimneys were for fire places, so the smoke would have somewhere to go. Once she figured out the chimney led to the fireplace, she wondered how Santa got down without getting burnt, I told her the fire wasn't going all night. Then she was worried about his suit getting all dirty from the "black stuff" left over after the fire. Then to "can the reindeer land on the roof?" And on it went until we finished the lights. In case you are wondering what Brayden was doing during this enlightening conversation, he was eating snow the whole time. After that we made it back inside for hot chocolate."

Brett


*This is an email Brett sent out to his parents yesterday and I found it blog worthy!

No comments: