Thursday, January 21, 2010

Kiddies goodies!

* Monkeys, elephants, frogs and lions: Kylie and Brayden painted these cute porcelain animals, then we went online and gathered information about where they live (we looked the place up on Kylie's globe), what they eat, and other fun facts about them. Then we added a Bible connection to our little unit. Where does God talk about these animals in the Bible? We read the creation story, Noah's ark and the flood, Daniel and the Lions' den story, and the plague of frogs in Exodus. We are not quite done with it, but the kids look forward to learning more every day (*I am not sure how much Brayden learned, he has lost his patience once or twice and wondered off, but you never know! :D )




They come in a set of 4 and include the paint and 1 paintbrush, they were only $1.25 at Target!

* Snow men: I took this idea from a blog I follow: "Children's learning activities" (see right side-click on shapes activities and scroll down). I like this blog because it has many fun crafts and activities so I don't have to surf the net for ideas, they are at my finger tips. This was more for Brayden, we talked about shapes, colors, and he traced his name, but I know Kylie had fun with it too!



* Bathtub crayons: My kids got these for Christmas so I am not sure how much they are or where they were purchased, but they LOVE them!!! After this post, I should start working for the PTPA (parent tested parent approved) website. :)



This is an older video but I ran across it and I couldn't believe it it hasn't made the blog yet...so, with no further due...our drummer, pianist... and dancer! (* i was folding laundry that day, hint the laundry baskets :D )
"I love the Earth!!! "

No comments: