Sunday, April 18, 2010

Iuliana's baking bits

On Brett's birthday (and the day before) I was quite the baker. Baking is not really my thing but I can do okay. I prefer cooking because I can improvise, throw in whatever sounds good, work with the recipe. With baking I have to follow the recipe otherwise the end result will not be a success.
Anyways... for Brett's birthday I made the Hoben birthday rolls (a.k.a cinnamon rolls), brownies and red velvet cake!! A couple of friends inquired about the brownies recipe and one asked about the cinnamon rolls.
With no further due, here are the recipes for:

* Birthday rolls (cinnamon rolls)-- we make these the night before and store them in the fridge overnight. They are perfect for birthday mornings or if you have friends coming over for coffee in the morning!!

Mix the following ingredients in the bread machine on the dough setting:
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/4tsp yeast
Once the dough is ready, let is rise for 30 min- 1hour.
Roll the dough into 12x16 rectangle.

Combine the following ingredients and cream together:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 Tble. spoon cinnamon

Sprinkle mixture over dough.
Roll up the dough to enclose the filling.
Cut into 8 slices
Place cut side down in a greased baking pan and cover loosely with greased plastic wrap.
Refrigerate overnight or for as little as 2 hours.

In the morning I get them out of the fridge 30 minutes before I bake them.
Bake cinnamon rolls for 15-16 minutes at 375 degrees.

* YUMMMY, quick and easy brownies recipe!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Quick-and-Easy-Brownies/Detail.aspx

* Red Velvet Cake
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Red-Velvet-Cake/Detail.aspx
I used Cream Cheese Frosting instead of the one that the recipe calls for.
THE END :)

No comments: