Saturday, November 14, 2009

Date night!

Brett took me on a surprise date last night!!! ...And by surprise I mean that I didn't know where he was taking me. I was really excited and insisted we pretended we were on our first date ever...and had random conversations that any normal people would NOT have on their first date!! It was funny!
We went to Iowa's oldest restaurant..."Breitbach's Country Dining". I remember reading in the paper last year, that this restaurant caught fire 2 years in a row and both times was in October. I am betting the owner was relieved when October was over this year, and we were glad we went there in November.
My grandparents used to have one of these in their home. We used it to cook food in the winter and to warm up the kitchen. I feel really ancient as I write that I used to cook food on a stove similar to this one....
I am betting Nicole would have loved this!
ME, all nervous on a first date...
Brett telling me what to order ( a DON'T on 1st dates, or any dates for that matter).

No comments: